What is Interreg IPA ADRION
The IPA ADRION Programme is a European transnational programme that invests in regional innovation systems, cultural and natural heritage protection, environmental resilience, sustainable transport and capacity building. By bringing together 10 Partner States across the Adriatic-Ionian region, IPA ADRION fosters European integration and acts as policy driver for the benefit of more than 70 million people.
Interreg IPA Adrion 2021-2027
IPA ADRION counts ten countries both from EU and non-EU countries and it provides with a funding scheme for public authorities (local, regional and national bodies), research institutions, NGOs, and private companies. The Programme launches Call for Proposals which cover a wide range of topics according to its Thematic priorities. The Calls are expected to support transnational projects aiming to find joint solutions to common challenges through the development of digital tools, strategies, action plans and pilot tests.
Winning projects are co-financed to up to 85% via the Interreg Funds. National contributions from its ten Partner States will allow for 100% coverage of the project.
For the programming period 2021-2027, IPA Adrion has a total budget of 160,810 million euros, in which Interreg funds amounts to about 136,700 million euros.
The programme is marked by a strong sustasinable approach, where green policy plays a major role with dedicated resources for future funded projects up to 54% of the total allocated resources.
The Programme builds on the lessons learnt of the previous ADRION Programme (2014-2020) and the strong heritage collected by its 87 funded projects and 11 Thematic Clusters set up in the frame of its capitalisation strategy. IPA ADRION continues to support the implementation of the macro-regional strategy EUSAIR, especially through the embedding of EUSAIR flagships and specific strategic projects.
Expected Programme impacts
of a regional innovation system for the Adriatic-Ionian area
Enhanced institutional capacity
Check out the 4 Thematic Priorities covered by the Programme’s funding scheme.
Supporting a smarter Adriatic and Ionian region
- Developing and enhancing research and innovation capacities and the uptake of advanced technologies
- Developing skills for smart specialisation, industrial transition and entrepreneurship
Supporting a greener and climate resilient Adriatic-Ionian region
- Promoting climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention, and resilience, taking into account eco-system based approaches
- Promoting the transition to a circular and resource efficient economy
- Enhancing protection and preservation of nature, biodiversity and green infrastructure, including in urban areas, and reducing all forms of pollution
- Promoting sustainable multimodal urban mobility, as part of transition to a net zero carbon economy
Supporting a carbon neutral and better connected Adriatic and Ionian region
- Developing and enhancing sustainable, climate resilient, intelligent and intermodal national, regional and local mobility, including improved access to TEN-T and cross-border mobility